I was nominated for this award by Aria @ Book Nook Bits. Thank you so much Aria for nominating me! Everyone should check out her blog if you don’t follow her already!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their page so others can see how amazing they are, too!
- List the rules in the post and the badge somewhere on your website
- Answer the 11 questions you got asked
- Nominate 11 new bloggers for this award and let them know
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions!
What was your latest 5 star read?
My latest 5 star read was The Henna Wars by Adiba Jaigirdar. It was such an interesting story and I really loved it so much. You can read my review of it here.
Do you often DNF books?
I never DNF books! Which, in retrospect, does me more harm than good because I end up reading everything even if it takes me longer to get through because I don’t like it.
How do you choose which book to read?
I have an insanely long TBR list, so I usually decide what to read by figuring out what my library has. I usually check out WAY too many books at the library (to the point where the librarians roll their eyes at me as I ask for my holds), so I end having to read them all pretty quickly so I can turn them in on time. I also am kind of a mood reader, so I just read whatever I feel like I can handle at a given time.
Do you enjoy rereading books?
Yes! I reread books whenever I’m having a hard day or can’t sleep. I find them really relaxing and safe. However, I don’t track the books I reread because I have a tendancy to skim through to my favorite parts!
Do you prefer physical books or ebooks or audiobooks?
I prefer to read physical books because I find it super satisfying to read. However, I do most of my reading with ebooks, especially now that I’m not going to the library. I have read a few audiobooks, but they take me a lot longer to get through, so I don’t read them as much.
What author would you love to see more books from?
Adiba Jaigirdar. I loved her debut, The Henna Wars, and I can’t wait to see what she does next.
Do you enjoy doing tags?
I haven’t done a lot of tags, but I find them to be fun posts to write.
What is your favorite post that you’ve ever written?
Hm, this is hard. Probably my first discussion post, which was about reading YA at a young age. I think it was really interesting and fun to write.
How did you choose your blog’s name?
Now that I think about it, there wasn’t a lot of thought that went into it. I was just like “Yay, alliteration” and I’ve stuck with it. However, I remember it was hard to choose between “Ruby Reads and Reviews” and “Ruby’s Reads and Reviews” but in the end I chose the simpler one without the apostrophe s.
How did you decide to start your blog?
It was summer 2018, and one of my friends had started a cooking blog, and I thought, That’s cool, why can’t I do that, but with books? And so I started one. My early blog posts have since been deleted or made private, but I really love the books I’ve found and the people that I’ve met.
What are the three most recent additions to your bookshelf?
The three books that I’ve gotten most recently are
- The Voting Booth by Brandy Colbert
- Not So Pure and Simple by Lamar Giles
- It Sounded Better in my Head by Nina Kenwood
My nominations (I didn’t get 11 people, sorry):
- Nimika @ wordhaven
- Ruby Rae Reads
- Maha @ Sunshine n’ Books
- Emily @ Frappes and Fiction
- Rhi @ Marshmallow Harmonies
- Kay @ Hammock of Books
- Aditi @ One in A Million
- And YOU!! I wanted to nominate people who I haven’t nominated before, but if you enjoyed this post and want to answer my questions, consider yourself nominated!
- What is your preferred post to write (reviews, discussions, tags, etc.)?
- What is something that you wished new bloggers new about the blogging community?
- What book have you bought because of the online book community?
- Do you have any hobbies that are completely unrelated to reading or blogging? If so, what are they?
- How do you decide which books you want to review?
- How long does it take you to write your average post?
- What are your thoughts on blog hopping?
- If you could read any book right now (even if it’s not out or written yet) what would it be?
- Do you write outside of your blog?
- What is the number one piece of blogging advice you wish that someone told you when you were just starting?
- Do you prefer to write reviews of books that you loved, or books that you hated?
Again, thank you so much for nominating me, Aria! This was such a fun tag to do!