Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well. We have almost made it through 2020, which seems crazy to me. At times it feels like this year dragged on forever, but it also felt like it went by really fast. I feel like I haven’t accomplished much this year, which isn’t even true, but it feels strange because I’ve barely left my house at all since March. Anyways, this is just a December wrap-up, I’m planning a larger 2020 wrap-up to go out later next week. So let’s talk about December!
I barely read at all early this month because of school, but as I’ve been on break for the past week or so, I’ve been able to pick up a lot more books. I’ve read a total of 9 books this month, and I read almost all of them in the past week. My favorite books I read this month were:
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah – I read this for a project in my English class and thought it was absolutely amazing! The memoir was told in such an accessible way, and even though it talks about really heavy topics, it still manages to be pretty funny.
- Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills– I read this in one sitting, and oh man it was sooo cute!! I had never read any books by Emma Mills before and I really liked it!
- These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong– Wow, this book was amazing! It definitely lived up to the hype it was getting from everyone!
I did not end up blogging as much as I had planned this month, mostly because school got in the way. I had a really big academic competition in early December and I had tons of final projects to finish. I’m on a break now, which has been really refreshing and has given me a lot of time to plan blog posts and work on graphics.
I also got an Instagram for my blog! You can find it here or linked in the sidebar of this blog. It’s a private account, but if we’ve interacted on here before I will be sure to accept your follow request! I thought this would be a good thing to help me interact more with other bloggers and get into more discussions about books.
My goals for December were:
- Finish blog redesign – Kind of?? I think I’m done, but I probably still have much more to do!
- Post often and consistently (at least twice a week) – Hahahahaha… no. Not even close.
- Read over 10 books – So close!! Maybe I’ll hit this later? (after this post goes out but before January?)
Welp. I’m hoping to be more organized in the new year, so hopefully I won’t fall tragically behind on posting and reading.
My January goals are:
- Start a blog schedule and keep up with it
- Read over 10 books
- Keep up with my Bookstagram
Some books coming out in January that I’m excited for are:
- Happily Ever Afters by Elise Byrant
- Concrete Rose by Angie Thomas
- You Have a Match by Emma Lord
What about you? How was your December? What are some books you are looking forward to in January? Let me know in the comments below! I would love to hear from you!