Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well! As you know, I have been traveling a lot this summer, and one of my favorite places to go when I travel are bookstores! I thought I would share some of the books I have gotten on my various trips.
I went to New York City at the end of May and I got the chance to visit a couple of bookstores! I went to Books Are Magic, the Brooklyn bookstore that has the mural that I see all over Bookstagram, and Books of Wonder, a children’s bookstore in Manhattan that has tons of signed copies of books and is probably one of my all-time favorite bookstores!
- Absolutely on Music: Conversations with Seiji Ozawa by Haruki Murakami – As a music lover, I thought this book looked really interesting (shout out to my mom who found it in the bookstore!) I started reading it but I want to wait until I get the chance to read it while I can listen to each of the pieces that they are discussing.
- All My Rage by Sabaa Tahir – The Ember in the Ashes series was one of the first YA fantasy series I ever read and I was so excited to hear that Sabaa Tahir was writing a YA contemporary. This book looks so powerful and I can’t wait to read it!
- Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality by Roshani Chokshi – If you followed my blog for a while, you know how much I love this series. When I saw a signed copy of the conclusion to the quintet, I knew I had to get it!
- An Arrow to the Moon by Emily X. R. Pan – I haven’t heard a lot about this book, but I have read Emily X. R. Pan’s other book, The Astonishing Color of After, and I really liked it, so I was glad to get a copy of her next book.
- Our Violent Ends by Chloe Gong – While I had already read this book, I had yet to get myself a copy. Books of Wonder had a signed copy which was one of the first things that I picked up!
Toronto and Misc. Bookstores
As I mentioned in my June wrap-up post, I went to Toronto this summer and went to a book festival there (The Word on the Street.) I got a couple of books there, as well as a book at Book City, another bookstore in Toronto. I also went to some other bookstores throughout my travels this summer.
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen – This is one of my favorite books, and I got myself a nice Penguin Classics edition of it!
- The Breadwinner: A Graphic Novel by Deborah Ellis and Nora Twomey – I watched the movie version of this book a few years ago and I sobbed through it so I picked up the graphic novel version at The Word on the Street since it’s published by a Canadian publisher.
- A Magic Steeped in Poison by Judy I. Lin – I already talked about this book in my June wrap-up but it was really good and interesting! I really enjoyed reading it and I can’t wait for the sequel soon!
- The Singer’s Gun by Emily St. John Mandel – I have started reading Emily St. John Mandel’s work and I decided to get another book of hers that I could read.
- Ophelia After All by Racquel Marie – This was on my Pride Month TBR, but it was one of the books that I didn’t have access to a copy of, so I bought myself a copy and I’m so glad I did because I loved it!
- What to Listen for in Music by Aaron Copland – As someone who likes playing and listening to music, I thought this book would be an interesting read.
- The Silence that Binds Us by Joanna Ho – I found a signed copy of this book! I haven’t heard too much about it yet but it looks like a really powerful read.
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman – When I saw this special edition, I knew I had to get it! As I’ve discussed before, this is one of my favorite books and I’m so glad I now have this copy!
Have you gotten any new books lately? What were they? Have you been to any of these bookstores or read any of these books? What did you think? Let me know in the comments! I would love to hear from you!
4 thoughts on “Summer Book Haul//Bookish Travels”
ahhh i ADORED all my rage, hope you love it too!! and omg yess, ophelia after all was such a great read!! loved this!
Thank you! I can’t wait to read All My Rage and I’m so glad you loved it so much!
Great haul! I loved ophelia after all and I’m glad you did too – I’d love to get a physical copy of it but it isn’t available here. I’m also really excited to read All My rage and hope we both enjoy it!
Thank you! Ophelia After All was one of my favorite books that I read this summer. I hope you’re able to get a physical copy of it soon! Yes, I really hope we both love All My Rage! I’ve heard such amazing things about it!